Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-notify-xmpp-00.txt

2006-05-04 13:02:33

On Wed Jan 18 21:50:02 2006, Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org wrote:
        Title           : Sieve Notification Mechanism: xmpp
        Author(s)       : P. Saint-Andre, A. Melnikov
        Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-notify-xmpp-00.txt
        Pages           : 7
        Date            : 2006-1-18

I think I might be the first person to comment about this on the list...

It seems odd that the XMPP message stanza used here has no obvious identification as a notification - specifically, XMPP, being XML based, could hold (for instance) an OMA EMN, or some other XML element which indicated that it was a notification, and ideally provided some identification of what the account involved was.

Personally, I'd be happiest with a URI to the new message, where possible, but i appreciate there's security concerns there.

If such an XML element were to be put in place, I'd find it nicer it it contained the urgency as a normal XML attribute, rather than SHIM. I just don't like SHIM.

Dave.
--
          You see things; and you say "Why?"
   - George Bernard Shaw