Re: sieve/managesieve/time and ACL

2006-05-12 08:43:25

Hi Ned,

--On May 12, 2006 7:57:53 AM -0700 Ned Freed
<ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

>> What should happen when a message arrives and the script wants to
>> fileinto? I can't find any mention at all of access control in 3028bis,
>> far less of access control which changes after the sieve is blessed by
>> managesieve.
>
> We handle this case essentially by converting the fileinto into a keep.
> I don't thinking requiring such behavior is a good idea, however, we might
> want to point out the issue and suggest this as one way to deal with it.

That was better than simply treating the fileinto as a run time error and
doing an implicit keep?

Actually, yes, it is better, since the runtime error would prevent other
actions from being taken.

In any case, turning this into a runtime error is not an option since sieve
execution is completed long before any sort of check of mailbox validity is
possible.