Re: Review of draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-02

2006-08-23 02:46:04

Randall Gellens wrote:

(6) What is the rational for item 1 on the action list in Section 3.1 (as opposed to rejecting even if the MAIL FROM is null)?

You have a point. If protocol level rejection is available, the recipient might just reject the message. For DSNs/MDNs, the server just "MUST NOT generate" them, right?

I meant, why require that messages with a null MAIL FROM be accepted and discarded? Why not just fail the transaction?

I think I understood you and we are talking about the same thing. I will do the change.