Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-freed-sieve-environment-ihave-00.txt]

2006-11-17 06:59:10

Ned Freed wrote:

Ned has published the environment extension (Thanks Ned!). I would like
to solicit some reviews.

Yes please. I'm especially interesting in comments on the initial list of
environment items, how the IANA registory is arranged (I'm toying with the idea
of telling IANA to build a table with specific colums and giving them the
initial contents of that table instead of a bunch of separate registration
forms),

Yes, this seems like a simpler solution for everyone.

the semantics of ihave

This might be difficult to implement for me, but so far I can't think of anything wrong with the way it is described.

, and whether or not the lack of options in these tests is a good idea.

Lack of a match type or a comparator in ihave seems reasonable.

One thing I noticed while writing up ihave is that we currently place
no syntax requirements on capability strings. I think that at a minimum
we should prohibit ";" in capability names - this way no capability name
will ever conflict with a comparator name. Of course this is a base
specification issue.

I agree that this needs to be fixed in 3028bis.