Re: Future directions for the ManageSieve draft

2006-12-05 11:36:44

Aaron Stone wrote:

On Tue, Dec 5, 2006, Alexey Melnikov
<alexey(_dot_)melnikov(_at_)isode(_dot_)com> said:
Aaron Stone wrote:
The only things on my mind are how to specify scripts for IMAP actions and
for MTA/MDA actions. Given the discussion on the recent thread about
multiscript, there are a lot of multiscript implementations! I would
certainly prefer to manage my multiscripts via ManageSieve.
Sure. This might be one potential candidate.
Is this something we might want to tackle in the base document by adding
the option for arguments following script names in relevant actions?
I am not entirely sure what you recommend. Can you give an example?

What about comparators? How are those discovered?
The same way as other Sieve extensions, in the SIEVE capability:
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Isode M-Box SIEVED server 12.0v0"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress copy comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational spamtest refuse regex"
"SASL" "PLAIN OTP NTLM LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5"
Right, ok, so why a new capability section for notify when we could add to
the existing "SIEVE" block a couple of "notify-method1 notify-method2"
entries?
We could, but notification methods and Sieve extensions names are in different namespaces, so in theory, they may conflict.

Or should we break comparators out, and have responses like:

"SIEVE" "fileinto vacation subaddress envelope relational"
"COMPARATOR" "i;ascii-numeric"
We could, but this would be a change that breaks deployed software ;-).

"NOTIFY" "email xmpp"
<pedantic>"mailto xmpp"</pedantic>

"SASL" "plain cram-md5"