Re: Interaction between "editheader" and "redirect"

2007-03-19 01:50:51

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

Ned Freed wrote:
I see three ways to implement this:

(1) Don't allow editheader actions on Received: fields, period.
(2) Silently ignore any deletions made to Recieved: fields when redirect
   is used.
(3) Add in enough dummy Received: field to keep the count from going
down.

I'm going with option (2), but I have to question whether we really
 want to allow (3). It sure sounds like a bad idea to me.

I agree that we don't want to encourage (3).
Can we rephrase the text to say that if an implementation allows
deletion of the Received headers, it MUST implement some other kind of
loop control?

I'd rather specify (1) but can live with (2).

Note, there is a 4th option, which I'll call (1a).

  (1a) Always silently ignore any deletions made to Received fields.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com