Re: Interaction between "editheader" and "redirect"

2007-03-07 21:56:18

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 10:12 +0000, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

[snip]
   With the exception of the special handling of "redirect" and
   "Received" header fields described above, all other actions that
   store or send the message MUST do so with the current set of
   header fields.

I figure that 'current' is defined as 'the set of headers as modified by
the editheader commands at this point in the script' but I had to think
about it for a moment. Could we dumb it down a notch to make the meaning
of 'current' more explicit?

Additional paragraph in section 7 (Security Considerations):

   While this specification overrides the requirement that redirected
   messages have more Received header fields than the message as
                        ^       ^ add double quotes to be consistent?
   received, doing so removes an important mechanisms for detecting
                                                      ^ zap the 's'
   loops and therefore should not be permitted by implementations
   without due consideration, such as requiring administrative
                              ^ end the sentence here?
   action to enable it.

Aaron