Re: Support for encoded-character

2007-04-02 12:12:19

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Ned Freed wrote:
Another issue I recently noticed about encoded-character refers to the WSP
production but does not define it. I don't see it defined or referenced
anywhere else in the specification either. Perhaps this should be changed to
white-space, which is defined?

No, not unless you really think we want this:

"${unicode:110 /* a comment with a close brace } */ 69}"

to be an encoding of "Hi".

WSP is defined in the ABNF "Core rules" which are assumed as the base of all the ABNF snippets in 3028bis (c.f., DIGIT, CRLF, etc).

Philip Guenther