Re: WGLC on draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop

2007-08-11 06:28:38

Dilyan Palauzov wrote:

Hello,

> 7 Action extract_text

QUESTION: What do we do if the Content-Transfer-Encoding is anything other than 7bit?

If it is 8bit, we take the :first number characters (not bytes),

Actually 'octet' should be used, as 'character' might use one or more octets, depending on charset.

taking into account the "charset=" parameter of the Content-Type header, when presented. If it is base64 or quoted-printable, we convert it to 8bit and proceed as if it was 8bit. The same for binary,

Agreed.

even if the result will be probably useless. (The useless results can happen using base64, too, but the possibility is smaller)

:type, :subtype, :contenttype

What is the obvious advantage of having them, compared to header :contains ? I mean, isn't 'header :contains "Content-Type" "text/"' as powerful,

If I remember correctly, the header test doesn't know anything about header field structure, so it can match any of the Content-type parameters.

as 'header :type "Context-Type" "text"'?

In addition to the above, I think this is slightly easier to understand 'header :contains "Content-Type" "text/"'

If this was discussed already on this list, could you tell me the starting date?