Re: Filtering on raw (non-decoded) headers?

2008-02-14 11:57:24

Ned Freed wrote:

It doesn't get past the point that there is still no way to look at the raw
undecoded header even if you wanted to for some other reason.

Am I missing something? Was that intentional in the spec?

FWIW, I brought the idea of having an option not to decide the header in the distant past but there was little enthusiasm for it so I dropped it. It would
be an easy extension to specify, of course.

Our implementation has an option to do this that was added because, if memory
serves, a particular customer requested it. I've used it myself in a
couple of cases to catch some bogons. I don't know if any other customers
have used it, but I don't recall anyone else asking for the capbility.

Ned, would you mind sharing the syntax that your implementation uses? If we implement this in Cyrus, we might as well use a consistent syntax.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer