Re: Updated Sieve environment draft posted

2008-03-14 03:27:28

Ned Freed writes:
as it doesn't require variables, but also having the information available via a variable namespace seems clean to me too since it builds on language elements and concepts already out there. But I can see some of the drawbacks too: one being that it would make implementation of this extension slightly harder/slower/less likely for any product that also implements "variables" if this extension mandated adding a variables namespace. But only slightly.

That's my main concern here - I want to keep this simple. I think the main use-case for environment is as a test.

Yes. I like the simplicity and brevity of the document, and I like that it doesn't depend on variables.

Arnt