Re: action reject and smtp RCPT TO:

2008-03-20 14:13:42

Ned Freed said...
AFAIK nobodhy is talking about not allowing this. The question is whether or not we should specify all of the nuances involved in supporting this mode of operation, and if we're going to whether or not this is the right place to do
it. I remain to be convinced of the need to specify this and I'm opposed to
doing it in this document.

Where to do it is, I think, the key point. And so I'll point out that Randy Gellens has a draft in lemonade, currently called "Notifications Architecture": http://tools.ietf.org/wg/lemonade/draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications/

The plan is to fold some Sieve-related stuff into it and perhaps rename it to "Notifications and Filter Architecture". That might be a reasonable place to put this sort of discussion.

Barry