Re: action reject and smtp RCPT TO:

2008-03-04 09:54:14

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Дилян Палаузов wrote:
Does this mean, that a recipient cannot be rejected after RCPT TO: and before DATA: in a multi recipient message?

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

My apologies for my unclear statement. The above was in relation to this text from the draft:
   Note that if a message is arriving over SMTP and has multiple
   recipients, some of whom have accepted the message, Section 2.1.2
   defines how to reject such a message.

In light of the quote, I interpreted the "after RCPT" in your question as meaning "after being accepted at RCPT time". That is, I thought you were asking if it was possible to perform individual rejection of recipients that were accepted at RCPT time.

As for your actual question: IMO, the possibility of rejecting individual recipients by rejecting their RCPT commands is permitted by the draft.

Philip Guenther