Re: action reject and smtp RCPT TO:

2008-03-01 11:37:24

        Hello,

I read the discussion from Juli 2007 about the reject concerns. There is still something that is not addressed in draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-06 -- early evaluation of scripts. More concrete I mean that a script can be executed after the RCPT TO and before the DATA stage, and then has a stop;.

draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-06
2.1.1. Rejecting a message at the SMTP/LMTP protocol level

   Sieve implementations that are able to reject messages at the SMTP/
   LMTP level MUST do so and SHOULD use the 550 response code.  Note
   that if a message is arriving over SMTP and has multiple recipients,
   some of whom have accepted the message, Section 2.1.2 defines how to
   reject such a message.

Does this mean, that a recipient cannot be rejected after RCPT TO: and before DATA: in a multi recipient message? In the discussion I have not seen why this shall not be possible.

        Със здраве,
                Дилян