Re: action reject and smtp RCPT TO:

2008-03-01 16:28:37

Hello,

Does this mean, that a recipient cannot be rejected after RCPT TO: and before DATA: in a multi recipient message?

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

In the discussion I have not seen why this shall not be possible.

Because doing so in SMTP is impossible without unstandardized extensions. (How is the server supposed to indicate that a message is being rejected for rcpt A but not rcpt B?)

MAIL FROM: <me(_at_)example(_dot_)org>
250 OK
RCPT TO: <you(_at_)example(_dot_)com>
250 OK
RCPT TO: <mailing-list(_at_)example(_dot_)com>
550-You are not permitted to post to mailing-list(_at_)example(_dot_)com from
550 your me(_at_)example(_dot_)org address.
RCPT TO: <boss(_at_)example(_dot_)info>
250 OK
DATA ...

Why shouldn't be a sieve script allowed to set the 550-response here?

        Със здраве,
                Дилян