Re: WGLC on draft-freed-sieve-notary-01.txt

2008-10-19 07:28:01

Alexey Melnikov writes:
Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
2. IMHO dsn-redirect should apply to the vacation and notify/mailto commands as well as to redirect.

RFC 5230 (vacation), section 5.1 says:

The SMTP MAIL FROM address of the message envelope SHOULD be set to <>. NOTIFY=NEVER SHOULD also be set in the RCPT TO line during the SMTP transaction if the NOTARY SMTP extension [RFC3461] is available.

Oh, I'd confused 5230's language with some of that in 5228 4.2. Sorry.

So what you say would only apply if at least one of the SHOULDs is violated. So I wouldn't bother.

... would only apply to notify/mailto, not to vacation.

Arnt