Re: draft-freed-sieve-in-xml status?

2008-12-14 17:05:26

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Ned Freed
<ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:
the standard talks a lot about graphical user interfaces. i'd be
interested to learn how it's been implemented.

We're using an variant of what's in the draft (an earlier version) in our
web
client. The details are rather complex, but basically what happens is that
the
client uses the alternate representation in order to avoid having to parse
and
otherwise deal with Sieve syntax.

yes - sieve parsing is probably too difficult for web applications

Well, I'm not sure I'd go that far, although the whole Javascript environment
is such a nightware you may well be right.

But regardless, the point is why force people to implement another parser in a
hugely overconstained environment when they don't need to?