Re: draft-freed-sieve-in-xml status?

2008-12-15 13:43:47

--On Sunday, December 14, 2008 08:04:46 PM -0800 Ned Freed <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

does the IEFT require copyright assignment?

Yes, there's a thing called the IETF Trust that rights are assigned to.

Actually, no, though this is a common misconception.
Our process requires that you grant (license) certain rights to the IETF Trust, many including the right to sublicense. However, unlike some other SDO's, we do _not_ require assignment of copyright; the copyright on an IETF document remains with the original author(s).