Re: Comments on draft-melnikov-sieve-external-lists-02.txt

2009-07-22 16:34:44

Ned Freed wrote:
[...]

We should discuss this in Stockholm (and on the mailing list). I wasn't
thinking about being able to use the header test without being able to
reference the same list in redirect.

Well, I can sort of see an argument that you might expect to be able to
reference any list that you used in an _address_ test in redirect, but
header? Who says the lists we'll be checking headers against are of
addresses or anything that correlates to addresses?

And in fact there are even lists of addresses (hashed lists are the obvious
example) where you won't be able to reference them in redirect.

The opposite is going to be true as well. There are plenty of use cases for a list you want people to be able to redirect to but not test the content of in
any way.

I was originally thinking about email only lists, but you and Barry convinced me that other types of lists are also useful.

So yes, I will update the draft.