Re: Comments on draft-melnikov-sieve-external-lists-02.txt

2009-07-21 17:31:07

Ned has answered this nicely. I was thinking about substring matches (kind
of simplified :matches), but this can be thought of as an implementation
details. I.e. we can consider an external list to be black box.

I agree with Ned completely, and Alexey sums it up perfectly: an
external list is a black box.  It was the lack of that semantic that
made me resistant to external lists before.  If :list is a match type,
that major issue goes away for me (though I still have others, but I
think they can be resolved).

Barry