Re: [sieve] Poll: how to report Sieve runtime errors to the user?

2010-08-24 18:22:05
--On Tuesday, August 24, 2010 06:49:17 PM -0400 Barry Leiba <barryleiba(_dot_)mailing(_dot_)lists(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I really think that Kurt and Ned are saying the same thing here: when
Kurt says that "do an implicit KEEP is enough of an indication that
something's wrong," he's saying what Ned means when he says "I'm not
convinced this is a problem we need to deal with."

I think doing an implicit KEEP is enough of an indication that something is wrong. However, it doesn't provide the information that a user or developer of a script generator would need to figure out _what_ is wrong. And telling the user to contact the administrator and get him/her to help go through the logs is really not a solution that scales to the Internet.

-- JEff