Re: [sieve] Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-notify-presence-00

2010-09-29 09:32:34
On 9/28/10 11:43 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:
Section 2: there are several lowercase "may" and one "must" present. Please
review each of these and determine whether they ought to be 2119 keywords
and uppercase them as appropriate.

Yeah, the problem is that "may" is a perfectly good English word, and
avoiding it often results in contrived text.  I think I prefer all the
lower-case "may" as they are, and I've changed the 2119 section to
explicitly say that only the upper-case versions are keywords.  I did
change the "must", by removing the word.

Although scrubbing all lower-case instances of the conformance keywords
might seem a tad contrived, I've started doing that in all my specs to
forestall any possible confusion. I've found that it works in almost all
cases to change "may" to "can" or "might", "should" to "ought", and
"must" to "needs to" (or similar constructions).

YMMV, naturally. :)

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre