Re: [sieve] WGLC: draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-06.txt

2011-04-12 16:39:34
should be more examples - your IP reject one is worth including. Another
might be (modifying Example 2 in RFC5703 -
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5703#section-9.2> ):

FYI, I changed the wording a little, and put this introductory text in
the example:

        This example uses several features of the MIME parts extension
        <xref target="RFC5703"/>
        to scan for unsafe attachment types.
        To make it easily extensible, the unsafe types are kept in an
        external list, which would be shared among all users and all scripts,
        avoiding the need to change scripts when the list changes.

        [Note that this is an illustrative example, and more rigorous
        mailware filtering is advisable.  It is insufficient to base
        email security on checks of filenames alone.]

Without the second paragraph, I think people might misinterpret us,
and we'd surely get pushback from the security folks.

Barry