Re: [sieve] New Version Notification - draft-ietf-sieve-convert-03.txt

2011-09-23 11:49:58
So I'm looking for others to weigh in.  Do you prefer the action to be
taken along with the test?  Or do you prefer having to repeat the text, once
for the test and again to do the action?

I'd like the test to have the action side-effect.  That is indeed also what
I understood from your initial query. I agree that first testing and then
performing the action is much of a hassle, both for the implementer of the
Sieve interpreter and the Sieve script author.

Any others?  Cyrus, I understood you to agree that the testable action
mechanism was reasonable.  Is that right?  Others?  Once we resolve
this, I'll post an -04 (with Hannah's correction, at least) that we
can send to the IESG.  Everyone, comment, please.

Barry