Re: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-08.txt

2012-09-14 02:23:50
On 9/14/2012 4:13 AM, Ned Freed wrote:
<< The environment names live in a global space - other extensions might want to
put a cause into the environment. Would it be worth the pain to scope the name
_this_ extension is adding to this extension ("imapcause" or something like
that)? >>
I think that's a reasonable change, and will change "cause" to
"imapcause", unless there's objection from the WG (and one or two
"That sounds fine." comments would be good).
I agree it's a reasonable change. However, RFC 5183 states:

4.3. IANA Registration of Environment Items

    A registry of environment items is provided by IANA.  Item names may
    be registered on a first-come, first-served basis.

    Groups of items defined in a standards track or experimental RFC MAY
    choose to use a common name prefix of the form "name.", where "name"
    is a string that identifies the group of related items.

I would therefore suggest "imap.cause".

Good point.

Two others have an "imap" prefix too, so those should then become "imap.user" and "imap.email". For consistency, I'd also make "imap.changedflags" and "imap.mailbox".

Regards,

Stephan.