Re: [sieve] Sieve :fcc option

2017-01-17 10:50:40
A vendor that uses Cyrus IMAP has some customers that would like to have
copies of outgoing Sieve-generated messages (e.g. reject, vacation)
stored in their Sent mailbox.  We could obviously do this with a user
configurable option, but I was thinking of extending Sieve to support a
:fcc <mailbox> option on reject, vacation and any new actions where it
might apply.  The option could also leverage
draft-bosch-sieve-special-use to do something like :fcc "\\Sent"

I see no problem for notify or vacation, but there's a serious semantics issue
with reject - when you reject a message you are saying, "I didn't receive" this
message". If you implement an action where you do in fact receive the message,
albeit as a part of a DSN, you're essentially lying about what you did.

Accurate information about who actually received what is especially important
in environments with compliance archiving requirements. I don't look forward to
explaining how a reject ended up being a keep.