Re: [sieve] Sieve deleteheader and :count match type

2017-01-17 10:50:42
NED+mta-filters(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com writes:
> I also don't think that saying that :count tests perform a preliminary count
> like :index :last is especially useful - can you think of a case where you'd
> want to delete all headers of a given type based on how many of them are
> present? I can't.

It's far-fetched, but deleting both subject fields if there are two or
more? I think most people choose to use the first. Choosing to delete both
isn't entirely unreasonable, though.

I don't really see a case for deleting all of them. Deleting all but one
makes a certain amount of sense, but you can't do that directly with
a single deleteheader action.

The same applies to other header fields that may occur at most once.

Again, all but one, sure, or maybe appending them to each other. But not
full deletion.