another protocol like sip

2004-03-06 12:06:57

Hello, I'm Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS.
I was in MARID bof in Seoul, IETF59.
I wondered why only smtp was considered in this BOF.
(But I could not comment because my English problem.)

Because I got many SPAM SIP calls.
I set SIP resource record in DNS.
and I made a presentation
 with this SIP URI as a example for ENUM in JAPAN.
then, some person's mistake or DoS caused many SPAM calls.

/*
  sorry, I'm SIP newbie.
  But current SIP implementations (or SIP protocol) have no protection
   mechanism without SIPS or IP address restriction, I think.
 */

So, I think we need rough protection mechanism for any protocols.

My idea is

- Service origin addresses is small number and finite.
- SRV resource record is a good idea.
  /* MX RR may equal to _smtp._tcp.DOMAIN SRV 0 0 25 MXhost. */

- I propose SRVORIGIN resource record for any protocols.

  _smtp._tcp.DOMAIN IN SRVORIGIN hostname.
  hostname. IN A ....
  hostname. IN AAAA ....

If we have 130 service origin IPv4 addresses,
  we write 10 SRVORIGIN RRs and each hostname has 13 A RRs.

Is such idea OK?

Regards,

--
Fujiwara, Kazunori      JPRS