Re: Microsoft submitting Caller ID as draft RFC

2004-04-06 10:48:08

In <9156B81DAA29204989AD43E88688FAAB01373635(_at_)df-lassie(_dot_)dogfood>
"Harry Katz" <hkatz(_at_)exchange(_dot_)microsoft(_dot_)com> writes:

I want to inform members of the MARID working group that Microsoft will
shortly be submitting the Caller ID for E-mail specification to the IETF

It might be wise to acknowledge that "Caller ID for E-mail" is a
registered trademark by someone other than Microsoft.

as an Informational RFC.  We request that the Caller ID specification be
considered an input document to the working group's deliberations.

Welcome to the MXCOMP mailing list.  I'm am genuinely happy to see
someone from the MicroSoft here.  I hope you, and others such as Bob
Atkinson, stick around and participate in the discussions.

I will be upfront and say that I am very disappointed that Bob and you
have not participated much earlier and submitted a draft before the
Seoul BoF.  You have known about this for a long time and your choice
to only start participating now raises some concerns in my mind.  I
hope those concerns will disappear after seeing your participation for
a while.

-wayne