Re: Microsoft submitting Caller ID as draft RFC

2004-04-25 10:36:21

wayne wrote:
In <9156B81DAA29204989AD43E88688FAAB01373635(_at_)df-lassie(_dot_)dogfood> "Harry
Katz" <hkatz(_at_)exchange(_dot_)microsoft(_dot_)com> writes:

[...]
We expect to submit the draft to the IETF RFC Editor in the next 7-10
days.  In the meantime a PDF version of the specification can be found
at http://www.microsoft.com/callerid.

It has been around three weeks since Harry posted this message.  Now,
I understand that editing, reviewing, and general snafus can delay
things, so I'm not too worried or surprised.  I am, however, curious
what the status of the C-ID I-D is.  Does anyone know?  Is it already
there, but I've just missed the name?

Haven't seen it either. The ASRG is currently preparing to submit all the other proposals for publication along with the LMAP discussion document, and it would probably be easier for the RFC Editor to edit CID along with the other proposals.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Some lies are easier to believe than the truth" (Dune)
-------