Re: Microsoft submitting Caller ID as draft RFC

2004-04-13 05:16:55

On Apr 12, 2004, at 4:45 PM, Harry Katz wrote:

OK, let's relax here.  We fully understand that the ms.net namespace is
not going to be the final name used, especially if this becomes adopted
by the IETF.  We chose something short and something that won't be in
conflict with anyone else's name. We're perfectly open to changing this
to a commonly agreed upon namespace.  MARID.net for example appears to
be available.  Marshall, Andy, you might want to grab this one!  :-)

Many IETF XML standards tend to use the BCP 81 IANA registry to avoid this problem.

-andy