RE: Microsoft submitting Caller ID as draft RFC

2004-04-26 11:03:14

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Yakov
Shafranovich
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 10:36 AM
To: IETF MXCOMP
Subject: Re: Microsoft submitting Caller ID as draft RFC

wayne wrote:
In
<9156B81DAA29204989AD43E88688FAAB01373635(_at_)df-lassie(_dot_)dogfood>
"Harry Katz" <hkatz(_at_)exchange(_dot_)microsoft(_dot_)com> writes:

[...]
We expect to submit the draft to the IETF RFC Editor in the
next 7-10
days.  In the meantime a PDF version of the specification
can be found
at http://www.microsoft.com/callerid.

It has been around three weeks since Harry posted this
message.  Now,
I understand that editing, reviewing, and general snafus can delay
things, so I'm not too worried or surprised.  I am,
however, curious
what the status of the C-ID I-D is.  Does anyone know?  Is
it already
there, but I've just missed the name?

Haven't seen it either. The ASRG is currently preparing to
submit all the other proposals for publication along with the
LMAP discussion document, and it would probably be easier for
the RFC Editor to edit CID along with the other proposals.

I apologize for the delay.  We are working on both the text and
licesnsing aspects to comply with IETF rules.