Mail archive

2004-05-07 17:20:05

Whilst I understand why this is done, the practice of severely
obfuscating all e-mail addresses in the body of messages in the
archives renders many of the disucssions close to incomprehensible.

Reading messages of the form:

        Consider a message with an envelope sender of user(_at_)xxxx but a
        From field of user(_at_)xxxx and a Sender field of user(_at_)xxxx [...]

is very frustrating.  Given the subject matter of this list, I'd urge
the maintainers of the archives to reconsider this policy in order to
maintain a useful archive of the discussions.

        -roy