Re: The Computational Load of MARID

2004-05-14 07:04:46

john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net wrote:
   The way I look at this, a sender MUST NOT be given a right to
impose arbitrarily large computational loads on receiving MTAs:
if anything, it should be the other way around.

Good point - but "arbitrarily" will be used as the get out :-)
cf. discussion on Turing completeness...

I'm not convinced (for instance) that we should *require* rcpt. to
interpret a macro language in support of historic (less than 'best')
practice in publishers infrastructure. There may be good arguments for such
a language, but that's not one of them, nor is supporting publishers
"debugging" (at least I don't think so).