RE: practicalities

2004-05-23 08:48:17

3,072,000 bytes of cache data at any given time, and that's just for
processing the mail requests -->for one person.<-- Multiply
as necessary
and you can imagine what the big domain caches look like.

I have no idea what would be necessary but it certainly would
not be a multiplication. The cache data is going to be shared
across users, so the relevant issue is the total number of mail
servers.

You do not need to cache the XML record itself if it is
a real issue, but a million 512 byte records is only half a
gig.

The only thing we write in this group is the on the wire
format, not the internal representation.