RE: Some stats on TXT usage in domain names

2004-05-26 19:08:49

wayne wrote:
So, there are hundreds of times as many people who have
published SPF records without publishing Caller-ID records
as vice versa. Caller-ID has had about the same number
of published records 3 months after being announced as SPF
had 3 weeks after it was announced, despite MicroSoft
getting a much more press coverage about its announcement.
I'm not sure what to make of this.  It could be the
difference between XML vs the "simple" SPF syntax. It could
be the availability of SPF wizards.

For me, the two reasons above did it. I looked at both, and I was able
to publish SPF with the wizard in minutes. The CID draft is somewhere on
my desk waiting for free time that I don't have to read it. Publishing
the SPF record was something that I could easily sneak in the workload,
not CID.

It could be availability of working code.

I don't have working code for my platform, and I published the SPF
record anyway: if someone else with running code has it, they can query
my domain. When I get SPF code for my platform, I'd like to be able to
query other domains even if they don't have SPF code yet.

Michel.