Re: On Extensibility in MARID Records

2004-06-16 11:25:33

On Jun 16, 2004, at 12:37 PM, Jim Lyon wrote:

Putting the two extensions together, we get
    +a:zzz/feedback=monitor(_at_)ibm(_dot_)com,ret=hdrs,type=bulk

Now we're really pushing the limits. In the above example, "ret=hdrs"
modifies "feedback", which modifies the mechanism. But "type=bulk" just
modifies the mechanism.  So the above example has syntactic ambiguity
built in. We need a heavier structure to resolve the ambiguity: brackets
or parentheses or tags or some such.  We could get there with
parentheses by writing something like:

My first stab is:

+a:zzz/hdr-feedback-bulk=monitor(_at_)ibm(_dot_)com

or

+a:zzz/feedback-policy="dns:feedback.ibm.com?class=TXT"

-andy