RE: On Extensibility in MARID Records

2004-06-16 23:20:04

Wayne,

I had somehow missed the message you reference. It actually makes a
different point: SPF syntax like
  +a:foo.com/24 is already broken because it's not (syntactically)
obvious whether the domain is foo.com or foo.com/24.

I was making yet another point: The slash char has already been usurped
by SPF syntax for something other than extensions.

I also had not been aware of the details of the SPF report extension.
Now that I'm aware, I agree that it's useless.  The concept isn't
useless, but that particular expression of it is.  It's also hard to
implement -- asking MTAs to keep running counters for each triple
(domain,senderIP,receiverIP).

People who want the feedback actually need to see a sampling of the
actual messages.

-- jimbo