Re: Unified SPF

2004-06-24 06:57:28

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

I explain in more detail at
http://spf.pobox.com/slides/unified%20spf/

Comments are welcome.

First, thank you for adding lookup at the PTR name, I now feel that MARID
live meeting was indeed a usefull event for me to have come to...

For technical comment, I think it would be good if SPF had scope modifier
where it could be set which identity (or more then one if necessary) is
this record for. For example:

v=spf1 id:mailfrom { ip4:192.168.0.1/16 } id:submitter { ip4:192.168.0.20/24 }
v=spf1 id:mailfrom+submitter ip4:192.168.0.1/16 id:ehlo mx id:all -all

This may possibly be as an operator that changes scope of the identity for
record that follows to only cover certain specified identity type, if what
is being verified is of different identity type, that data is ignored
until another modifier is found that changes the scope back to either all
or identity type that is wanted.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Networks