Re: consensus statement on record syntax and type

2004-06-25 13:58:38

   If by this, the chairs mean to stop attempting to include an XML
syntax, I personally agree that it appears to be the only way to
complete our work for RFC2822 headers on schedule.

that is a fair reading.

  - Due 2004-07-02: Decide if CSV is complementary, parts to be
incorporated, or dropped.

   A most reasonable date: I think we should look for initial agreement
during the Monday jabber; plus a few days on the list to see if there's
any wild objection.

a good plan.

  - Due 2004-07-31: Refine SPF syntax and extensibility semantics.
  - Due 2004-07-31: Fold in PRD and SUBMITTER.

   These seem dubious. Recall that that's during the ID blackout period
for IETF 60. I think it unwise to do these without externally visible
documents. Inevitably (IMHO) this will lead to last-minute changes and
confusion during our IETF60 meeting.

right you are. we will revise the dates.

   (BTW, how stable does the schedule seem: are we pretty well set for
Wednesday, August 4, at 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.?)

that is the schedule that i am planning on.

/mtr