Request for clarification (was: consensus statement on record syntax and type)

2004-06-25 16:29:11

Sorry, this has been sort of raised by other posters in this thread,
but I'm still slightly confused.  You say:

    Andrew> 1) There is consensus within the MARID working group for
    Andrew> the use of SPF syntax over other encoding schemes.

Does this rule out of scope further work on CSV/CSA's use of SRV
records (which are certainly not SPF syntax)?

    Andrew>    - Due 2004-07-02: Decide if CSV is complimentary, parts
    Andrew> to be incorporated, or dropped.

What this means depends very much on the answer to my previous
question.

Is it an option (given rough concensus) to independently advance the
draft-marid-core/submitter document set and the draft-marid-csv-*
document set to PS, or is their a requirement to produce a single
standards track specification?

          -roy