Differences between CSV and Sender-ID

2004-06-30 07:28:44

I have been observing that the recent discussion on CSV in comparison to the SPF/Sender-ID solutions have been between a small, consistent subset of the participants of this mailing list. I can only conclude that others either do not care about these issues or do not understand these issues. After reading every single message over the past couple of threads, I must admit that I do not comprehend many of the points.

Therefore, I'd like to get feedback from others:
Do you appreciate the difference between a HELO check vs. a MAILFROM/PRA/SUBMITTER check? Do you understand the semantic differences between a CSV check on HELO and an SPF/Sender-ID check on HELO? Is it clear to you that CSV has definite security advantages over SPF/Sender-ID?

I'm only asking these questions so that we can hopefully refine the conversation on this topic.

-andy