RE: Differences between CSV and Sender-ID

2004-06-30 08:31:47

[mailto:owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Andrew
Newton

    Do you appreciate the difference between a HELO check vs. a
MAILFROM/PRA/SUBMITTER check?
Yes

    Do you understand the semantic differences between a CSV check on
HELO and an SPF/Sender-ID check on HELO?
No. I have found this thread very muddled and difficult to follow. As
far as I can tell this has not been stated clearly.

    Is it clear to you that CSV has definite security advantages over
SPF/Sender-ID?
No.

In general it would be helpful if semantics and requirements for
semantics were explored prior to discussions of syntax or encoding.

Margaret.