Re: Comparing apples to multiple, hypothetical oranges

2004-07-01 10:39:49

Marshall Rose <mrose(_at_)dbc(_dot_)mtview(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us> wrote:
here's what i think:

1. the working group should try to focus.

  I'm finding it difficult to follow the WG, because half of the
discussion involves a proposal which isn't well documented.

2. the working group doesn't need to tell the co-chairs how to do their
jobs.

  The co-chairs need to read my comments as having a less hostile
intent.  My comments weren't orders or demands; they were statements
as to my opinion of how the work should proceed.  Many working groups
have the participants offer suggestions to the chairs as to how the
working group should progress, so comments were *not* innapropriate,
as your response would seem to suggest.

  In this case, I agree with Dave.  I don't know what people mean by
the latest SPF variant, and if there's no documented proposal, I don't
see why we're discussing it here.  It will take time and effort away
from proposals which follow the IETF process.

  Alan DeKok.