Re: Unified SPF IDs?

2004-07-02 17:02:41

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Mark Lentczner wrote:

There seems to be enough interest in exploring the Unified SPF concept
further that perhaps a formal ID is now warranted.  Meng and I can
write this up if the working group would find it useful.

In particular, this would be a re-factoring of the SPF syntax and
testing framework to embrace the various kinds of checks that have been
discussed on MARID (PTR, HELO, MAIL-FROM and PRA), in a way that is
compatible with the existing SPF classic deployment and consensus ideas
from this working group on Sender-ID.

Thoughts?  Do folks think it is time for Meng and I to do this work?

Yes.
(I doubt you'd be done in one weekend though, so I'd wish you happy
 holidays instead)

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks