Unified SPF IDs?

2004-07-02 16:53:03

There seems to be enough interest in exploring the Unified SPF concept further that perhaps a formal ID is now warranted. Meng and I can write this up if the working group would find it useful.

In particular, this would be a re-factoring of the SPF syntax and testing framework to embrace the various kinds of checks that have been discussed on MARID (PTR, HELO, MAIL-FROM and PRA), in a way that is compatible with the existing SPF classic deployment and consensus ideas from this working group on Sender-ID.

Thoughts? Do folks think it is time for Meng and I to do this work? Long weekend coming up....

        - Mark