Re: PRA algorithm and use of non-standard header fields

2004-07-15 19:55:37

On Jul 15, 2004, at 6:20 PM, Roy Badami wrote:

A few people (myself included) have raised concerns about the
dependence of the PRA algorithm on non-standard header
fields.

If you are referring to the three headers, Delivered-To, X-Envelope-To and Envelope-To, in my last meeting with the authors of marid-core, it was agreed to remove them from the algorithm. With reference to marid-core-01, you can consider step 3 in section 4 to be deleted.

We all agreed with your logic of using non-standard headers which could be shown to be implemented differently in different MTAs. I showed the way Postfix uses Delivered-To as an existence proof of this problem.

        - Mark