Re: PRA algorithm and use of non-standard header fields

2004-07-20 10:39:34

On Jul 20, 2004, at 11:47 AM, wayne wrote:
I'm not sure what these numbers are supposed to be.  What exactly are
"messages with usable RRs"?  Are you saying that about one third of
all email that you checked had an SPF record for the domain?  If so,
that is higher than the data I'm seeing.

That is what I'm saying. And I would agree that it isn't representative of the domain space. What it really points out is that I have a very non-diverse data set.

The "deny" percentages are also much higher than I would expect.  Have
you checked into why these messages are being rejected?  Are they due
to forgeries, or badly constructed SPF records, or fundamental flaws
in SPF-classic/SenderID?

It would be the latter since those were all ham and I had no dns errors or bad syntax in any of the ham (not true for the spam). Also another indicator that my data set was not well diversified.

-andy