Re: Sender-ID and free software

2004-07-26 02:51:10

Le lundi 26 Juillet 2004 11:33, Stephane Bortzmeyer a écrit :

What I've seen at postings like
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg02079.html is a recall
of the old IETF legend that people suddenly forget the company they
work for when they post on an IETF mailing list.

Furthermore, http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg02079.html
specifically says:
<<<
Because all the participants are individuals and represent no corporation,
government or other type of organization [...]

But as soon as one of the participants talks in terms such as :
<<We need to have this reviewed by our company's attorneys ; we'll try to come
back ASAP with an answer from the company. >> or something sounding like
this, then it becomes blatantly evident that such individuals don't have
anymore the role of "individuals", but act as an interface between their
company and this WG, and as representatives of their company in this WG.

Trying to stick to the point of view that they are just "individuals" is then
pure fiction, isn't it ?

--
Michel Bouissou <michel(_at_)bouissou(_dot_)net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E