RE: Sender-ID and free software

2004-07-25 13:19:42

Interesting that you should find it necessary to delete this
part of the quote:

   "make this type of accusation without the slightest concern
   or interest in what the group is trying to achieve?"

The Area Director has already stated that the attacks claiming
Microsoft is acting in bad faith are unacceptable. Instead of
stopping these attacks you decided to take them into the
public arena.

I don't know if you told Richard that the Microsoft employees
have already agreed to work with their lawyers to try to obtain
an acceptable license, his answer suggests that either you did
not or Richard did not listen. Either way Richard is still
at fault for weighing in on a situation before bothering to find
out what the situation is.

This type of behavior is very damaging both to the group and to
the IETF. It makes it much harder to achieve an acceptable
license. All it takes is a Microsoft manager to decide that
they do not want it to appear that they are being dictated to
and it is game over.